Sounds Of Wood

Once A Geordie, Always A Geordie.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

News Round Up!!!

I'm back in Hong Kong!!!!

The last two weeks of the course was amazing!
I now have a Live Audio Operator diploma!!!!
I really enjoyed the course and the people involved were fantastic. I made some special friendships and I was at one point seriously thinking of staying and work was offered. But my UK trip carried on with a view of maybe returning to London at a later date.

So it was off to Ballyemena, Northern Ireland to visit The Strachans!
I had a fantastic time with Ian and Anne and it was a blessing, God's love shined through them and it was immense. They have a very special place in my heart.

I was in Ireland for St. Patrick's Day and had a great Irish day out watching rugby, checking out Belfast from the heights of The Belfast Eye (Mega, big wheel) and eating it Irish!
One of the highlights of my stay in Ballyemena, was sitting in the hot tub in their back garden on a clear night gazing at the stars, with a cool breeze blowing, I was at peace.

The next and last port of call was to The Toon!!! (Newcastle)
I was visiting my Uncle Ken, Auntie Rosie, me nana and me cousins, Louise, Sarah & Gemma. They actually live in Alnwick which is about 20mins drive north from Newcastle.
I've not seen them in over 5yrs and you might think its weird, I was nervous but that was all put aside when I met me Auntie Rosie at the airport and me Uncle Ken hugged me and said 'Alreet Hin'!!!
From then on it was banter and laughter for the next 8 days. It was a good crak! I was feeling the love and after the Strachans, the combination was overwhelming. I just felt at ease, I was in my own, I was me.

And if that wasn't enough, to top it off I had one of the best days ever. I watched Newcastle United beat Fulham at St. James Park and I was there with 50,000 other Geordies. We were one heart beating in the stadium for our team, The Toon Army, it was life or death and the victory was sung all through the town.
It was purely belter!!!

With all the banter, laughter, love and awesome memories and experiences, I headed back to HK.

During my time in UK, I often had a conversation with God about what was next? Am I'm going to find a job in HK in the live sound area or shall I stay/go back to London.
During the last few days in England, I received an email from The Vine (my church in HK) and I was excited but aware that God had opened alot of doors for me in England and I was off thinking of if, whats, hows, London, HK, blah, blah.

Cut to the chase I sat in a meeting with Pastor John & Tony and God revealed all. Everything that I was worrying about was no longer. God had provided all.
I am now fully employed at The Vine, official title, Sound/production Assistant. Wohoo!!!

My journey so far has been one of many twists and unknowns. Several times I've wanted to walk away and do things myself but through the support of my close friends, I've pressed on with God and even though there will still be hard times to come, my trust in Him stands.
Thank you Lord.

Thank you to everyone who helped me get this far in life, through love, friendship, prayer and financially. Thank you all.

Love
Michele

Photos:
Class of March 2008
Ballyemena, N.Ireland
Geordieland

1 Comments:

  • At 3/4/08 09:08, Blogger crif said…

    wood... FINALLY!!! haha - i'm so happy for you! i knew u'd take the position, and i'm looking forward to seeing the awesome things to come!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home