Sounds Of Wood

Once A Geordie, Always A Geordie.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week Two!

The course has been great so far and I feel great in finally knowing the technical stuff that I've been wanting know for ages. And the good thing is that its not just information thrown at me, I've been able to use it straight away and get the full understanding of all the stuff. eg, gates, compressors, matrix, etc.

One of the guys who's on the course with me has an Indie band and they came and played on the Friday afternoon, so we where able to do a live scenario of what would actually happen on a proper gig from scratch. I was running front of house first and then switched to monitors. It was great to be able to use what I've learnt in the two weeks and hear the results immediately.

On Thursday our teacher, George, took us to a pub to do sound for a band that were playing there that night. It was a small place about the size of the Vine lounge area. The stage was at one end of the room. We set up and got things ready as the band got organised. They had drums, bass, electric guitar x 2, vocals, 3 congos, 2 bongos, chimes, cow bells, cymbals & a sax, all on this tiny stage! George kinda of put me in charge as everyone else on the team left for dinner! The first band were quite good playing Spanish stuff, then it went to African something. I ended up doing 4 bands that night with people adding keyboards and Djembes! It was fun and George & I were having a laugh cause at the end everyone was playing everything whenever, it was like the drums were trying to compete with the sound system! Overall, everyone had a good time and a laugh which was a good result for me.

Living with Ben's parents has been good and Ben's mom Kim, bakes a great Banana cake! They're very giving and its nice to stay in such a safe and warm environment.

I've had some great food experiences this week:
Fish'n'chips in Arnos Grove was good.
Sunday roast lunch with me cousin (who I haven't seen in 13yrs) was fantastic! 3-4 slices of roast beef, 2 Yorkshire puddings, roast tatties, veg & gravy and steamed toffee pudding with custard, champion!!
Rolo doughnuts!!!! Doughnut ring filled with toffee with chocolate on top. Oh Aye!!
Cornish Pasty from Cornwall Pasties, grand!
99 Flake - a must!
As most of you know I'm into my pop/soda and its been great having IrnBru, Lilt, Dr.Pepper and stuff on the shelf but I've been searching for two weeks in nearly every supermarket in London for a Mountain Dew!....Today my efforts were rewarded!!! In Covent Garden, a store called the Cyber Candy Sweet Shop had sitting in its fridge Mountain Dew Code Red!!!!
It was a great find and made my day especially after a bad weekend for us Geordies!

Sorry didn't get time to take as many photos this time: London Week 2
I'll take more this week!!

Seeya!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 26/2/08 12:33, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds awesome Michelle. Especially the Roast Dinner!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home