Sounds Of Wood

Once A Geordie, Always A Geordie.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wood's Knee



Some of you probably know that I popped my knee out and tore my anterior cruciate ligament ACL) back in August 2006.

After joining queues after queues I finally had my operation on the 1st of Feb! My doctor, Jimmy Wong from Queen Mary Hospital, did a great job and everything went according to plan. I've been out of hospital for just over two weeks now and I'm off crutches walking about - at a sllllooooow pace.

The first week out was tough as I had to stay at home but its great now that I can get out and about. I keep forgetting that my knee has another four months of rehab/physio before its 100% ready for sports. I start walking off at my normal pace only to be reminded immediately by my right knee to slow down!!!

The toughess thing was to accept that I couldn't do things that I could normally do. It was especially hard for me to stop doing sound at the Vine for the whole of February. I felt useless. It got me down cause I'm a 'doing' person.

But God is showing me alot of things, one, that I don't have to be always 'doing' something. That its OK and it doesn't change His love for me.

I just want to say 'Thanks' to everyone who visited me at the hospital and at Anna G's, for the calls and SMS, I'm really blessed to friends like you, I felt the love, it was special.

Thank you for all your prayers, the recovery is going faster than the doctors predicted.

God's A Working!!!!!!







1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home